NMMZ currently administers a number of major Museums in urban locations across Zimbabwe. There are more than four and a half million objects and specimens in these major regional museums, which are of international standard. The major regional museums also serve as regional headquarters for administration purposes.
- Opening Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm daily except for Good Friday and Christmas Day.
- A statutory admission fee is charged.
- Children under the age of five are admitted free but must be in the company of an adult.
- Educational parties and special interest groups pay nominal fees.
- Guided tours are available at all museums, sites open to the public and all community museums